Associate Financial Advisor – Open Position
Team: Work on Advisory Team.
Location: 201 Milwaukee Street Ste. 200, Denver, CO 80206
Status: Full Time
Date Available: March 16, 2015
Pay: Commensurate with Experience.
Become LotusGroup’s Associate Advisor: We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, intelligent, easy to work with, and trustworthy. In a nutshell, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about advising and advancing their career.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an entry-level position. This is a one to two year paid apprenticeship to become a Lead Advisor.
- Are you interested in working with clients?
- Are you interested in financial advising and planning without the sales pressure?
- Are you a eager to learn and work hard towards your goals?
- Are you available / do you have an open schedule?
If you answered yes to these questions, then this position may be for you.
- Participates in meetings with Lead and Senior Advisors.
- Prepare and make recommendations for client financial plans, including entering data and running reports using financial planning software.
- Prepare onboarding client paperwork and investment policy statements.
- Attends all advisor meetings (new and existing clients), documents notes for learning, and action items.
- Attends all LotusGroup hosted client and networking events with Advisor Team.
- Attends additional networking events to raise awareness in the community of LotusGroup.
- Acts as backup for Lead Advisor on advisory questions from clients.
- Assists Lead Advisor with client communications, such as emails and writing the newsletter.
- Delegation of non-advisory follow up work to the operations analyst.
- Provides marketing support and helps with email marketing campaigns.
The Associate Financial Advisor will go through a rigorous training process utilizing internal wiki sites, playbooks and on the job training.
The Associate Financial Advisor will learn the LotusGroup platform, methodologies and processes as well as learning the intimate details of each client to serve them.
In addition, the Advisor will gain exposure to best-in-class business practices and work with a fun and high-energy team.
Education, experience and certifications required:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, or Financial Planning preferred.
- Pass Series 65 and / or earning work experience to use the Series 65.
- Proven success in working with a team, leveraging their strengths and supporting them as well.
- Strong individual contributor (self-managed) but chooses team over self.
- Can easily carry on conversations and also a great listener with new people.
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills (phone screen and case study will be required).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Values and Behaviors:
- Truly enjoys helping others and working with other people.
- Embraces change and works quickly to implement new or improved methods.
- Strong desire to achieve and reach personal goals.
- Supports and / or volunteers with non-profits to give back to the community.
- Appreciates a strong company culture focused on doing well while doing good.
- Committed long-term to being a Financial Advisor.
Conditions of Employment:
- Clean U4 (if applicable).
- Command of the English language (read, write, and speak).
- Criminal & Credit Background Check.
Please submit resume and cover letter to John DellaSalle, Tennison Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Tennison Group is the Executive Search firm conducting this search.